I love this recipe! It is simple and gets a huge reaction from people. They devour it by the batches and everyone is shocked to realize that the star of this recipe is….wait for it….SALTINE CRACKERS! Yes, seriously. Try it out, people will think you’re a rock star.
Chocolate Toffee Crackers
35-40 saltine crackers (I fit as many as I can onto a jelly roll pan – usually 1 1/2 sleeves)
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1t pure vanilla extract
1 bag of chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan with tin foil. (If possible, use Reynold’s Release Tin Foil because it’s non-stick.)
- Lightly spray foil with a non-stick cooking spray. (Omit if using non-stick tin foil)
- Place saltine crackers, salty side up, in prepared pan
- In a saucepan, melt butter and then add sugar.
- Boil butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Use a whisk! Be careful, the mixture is extremely hot!
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over crackers and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes (or until bubbly like the picture)
- Remove from oven, top with chocolate chips, and spread evenly as chocolate begins to melt.
- Cool slightly and transfer onto waxed paper. (Omit if using non-stick tin foil)
- Allow to cool completely and cut or break into bars.
That’s it! Really, try it…they are amazing.