Ok, ok so I used a premade crust. (The kind in the tube). I was skeptical, but it was really good!
One tube of pizza dough (Pillsbury)
6 oz store brand sliced mozzarella (8 square slices)
3 oz sliced provolone (4 round slices)
A half of a can of pizza sauce (we don’t like it too saucy)
a sprinkle of olive oil,
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Roll the dough out onto a nonstick cookies sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Put sauce on top.
- Layer cheese to your liking
- Sprinkle with olive oil and pepper (oregano if you like). I put the basil on too early because I get carried away with how much I like the smell. It turns black when it’s cooked, so try to wait until the pizza comes out and sprinkle the basil on it then. Or do both, like me. It still tastes good.
- Bake at 400 for 13-14 mins.
- Oooh and ahh. Slice and enjoy!
Great, cheap alternative to delivery pizza, super quick when you want to have pizza but don’t have time to make your own dough. The pizza was cooked in 13 minutes at 400 degrees. Which means it was 15 minutes from prep to eat. Not bad. Cost was about $5 when you factor in the dough, cheese, pizza sauce and basil. More than enough for 2…meaning we SHOULD have had leftovers, but didn’t. Normally, I use homemade pizza sauce too (tomato sauce doctored with oregano, basil, pepper and frozen in 1 cup packages) but bought one tonight. The pizza was a last minute decision.