Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

A few months ago we had a delicious stuffed mushroom appetizer at a restaurant.  The rest of the food we had wasn’t that great, but the memory of these stayed with me.  Around Christmas I was looking for a new, easy appetizer and remembered these mushrooms and tried to recreate them.  It was a perfect match.  They are really easy and only require a handful of ingredients.

• One pound (or more) of button mushrooms, wiped clean and de-stemmed.
  • 1-2 cups Panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
  • 1 egg- plus 2T water -lightly beaten
  • 1 container of Alouette cheese – I use Garlic and herb (you’ll have leftover cheese)

food-004 spreadablecheeselg

1. Preheat oven to 375.  Line a sheet pan or 9X13 pan with tin foil (for easy clean up) or spray with cooking spray.
  2. Place mushrooms on the sheet pan.

food-003

• Season panko with salt, pepper, and any herbs or flavorings you want to add.
  • Lightly beat the egg(s) with the water to make an egg wash.
  • Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom cap with the Alouette cheese.
  • Roll each filled mushroom in the egg wash.

food-006 food-007

• Roll mushrooms in panko and place back on sheet pan.

food-009 food-011

• Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes until mushrooms are cooked thoroughly.
  • Serve immediately.

food-015 food-016 food-020

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Recipes and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

1. Jennifer says:

oh freakin’ yum…i have everything but the Alouette…or I’d be making these tonight!!!

2. corrinne says:

YUM! Love this. I work with Alouette and i just love seeing people using great cheese with great recipes. Thanks, Chris!

3. corrinne says:

BTW, This got a Stumble and a Digg from me… Tell all your friends 🙂

4. Jennifer says:

I made these yesterday and took them out to the neighbors…man you should have heard the raves!!! P.S. I have had ketchup chips but it hass been years. my great grandma lived in Canada and we went there for months in the summer.

5. Caroline says:

DÉLICIEUX!!! 🙂 Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, the flavor and the texture of the mushroom … SOOO GOOD! … I put them on the PRO side of coming back to Chicago and living near you! 😉

6. kelly says:

OK–I just made these and they are in the oven. I don’t think I can wait for 35 minutes!!!! They sound sooooo good. I’ll let you know how they turn out.